Art Director & Designer
bluebearcreates Blue Bear Creative
Social Media Marketing to Millennials
We’re seeking an Art Director who doesn’t settle. Someone who is a little obsessed about making digital things look great. Reporting to the Creative Director, you’ll create beautiful and engaging content across all digital channels, while maintaining campaign and brand consistency for our food & beverage clients.
The ideal candidate has experience in branded content and design, in making beautiful comps that capture and convey ideas. Is thirsty for knowledge and always seeking out the newest design trends. We know great Art Directors do more than jostle type and make stuff look pretty. They brainstorm, strategize, and know their clients’ business like the back of their hand.
If you’re serious about doing great work for awesome brands, we would love to have you here at Blue Bear. So, are you serious?
Responsibilities and Duties
- Contribute new ideas and creative solutions
- Create key designs/layouts for social & digital
- Create storyboards from scripts for digital and broadcast content
- Partner with clients and team members across departments to heighten a brand’s significance and performance
- Design premium digital content for clients, including social media posts and assets, assets for animations, emails, micro-sites, landing pages, etc.
- Design sales and marketing assets for business development team
- Other various design projects as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- You’re self-motivated, hard-working, well-organized, and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables.
- You can work quickly, efficiently, and accurately within all required aspects of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- You take and provide constructive feedback in stride, knowing it’s a team effort to deliver any final project.
- You have an opinion on which brands are killing it with their social media efforts and who is failing, and you can articulate why. On more than one occasion, you have seen something a brand has done and truly thought, I could do better than that.
- You can balance multiple projects but still have an extreme attention to detail. It’s the nuts and bolts of getting to great work.
- You aspire to be the head of your department someday (in the not so distant future)
- You have decent illustration chops, or at the very least, have it on your to-do list to develop this skill set.
Being a foodie and having knowledge in food photography + editing are major pluses.
**Please submit a digital portfolio with resume submissions.**
- Company Insurance: Health, Dental, Vision & Life
- 3 Weeks Paid Time Off
- Monthly Gym Membership Stipend
- Paid Parking
- Occasional Free Lunch
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year