Junior Copywriter-Community Manager
We’re seeking an entry-level Jr. Copywriter – Community Manager to join our Creative Team. As a Jr. Copywriter – Community Manager at Blue Bear, your proactive style and love for social media will help turn our clients’ customers into raving brand advocates.
While the job title itself is a mouthful, the primary responsibility of the role is simple: become the brand voice for our clients on social media. From developing witty post copy and ideas, to engaging with fans and growing digital communities, you’ll play a pivotal role in how each clients’ unique social persona comes to life.
As an individual, multi-tasking is your jam, and you get energy from the always-on, fast-paced nature of social media. While you’re a little obsessed with spelling and grammar, you know when it’s ok to bend those rules for social media.
Since this is a hybrid role, you’ll have the ability to choose your own career track, with opportunities to advance toward positions in either our Creative, Account Service or Strategy departments.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As the Community Manager at Blue Bear, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the voice and spirit of the brands in your care. Equal parts writer and social tactician, you’ll be posting on-brand content while managing your clients’ community dynamics by quickly and creatively responding to trending and real-time opportunities. You’ll work alongside our team to ensure overall processes are smooth, contribute to weekly and monthly reporting, and collaborate with creative teams to ensure that ideas are social-first.
- Write copy for social media concepts, posts, websites, blog posts, emails and various digital mediums
- Brainstorm and develop concepts for social media, digital video, and activations
- Manage your clients’ social communities by responding to customer and fan messages, posts and comments in each brands’ specific voice, doing so in a timely and engaging manner to grow and nurture online communities
- Monitor your brands’ digital communities and uncover insights
- Contribute to weekly and monthly reporting to track community management efforts against overarching brand goals
- Monitor competitive industry activities via social listening platforms and surfacing relevant insights and opportunities
- Coordinate with the Social Media Manager to develop communication and crisis management strategies
- Work closely with the Guest Relations departments to develop frameworks for guest complaints and inquiries
- Build and strengthen clients’ influencer networks and look for new influencers to engage and partner with
- Seek out and implement new tactics for developing digital communities
- Stay up to date with social media and digital technology trends
- Send “surprise & delights” to strengthen relationships with passionate fans
- Perform keyword searches, hashtag & listening analyses to look for new opportunities to engage with online communities and discover new opportunities
- Excellent understanding of social media platforms, including their respective strengths, nuances, success metrics, and relevant demographics
- Top-notch writing and customer service skills: you can communicate concisely yet warmly over various platforms
- Previous experience in community management is a plus
- Proven success working in fast-paced, super-collaborative team environments
- Independent yet communicative and team-oriented
- Equal parts confidence, humility, and desire to learn
- A friendly, smart, objectively awesome human
- Must be willing to check social media platforms over the weekends and respond to emergency situations when/if needed
- Strong relationship building skills
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Experience with Hootsuite, Netbase and/or Sprinklr is a plus, but not required
WHERE YOU’VE BEEN
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing or relevant field
- Agency or brand-side work/internship experience in a copywriting, SMM or community manager role is a plus, but not required
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate ability to develop social media content, write copy, and engage with an audience.
- Company Health, Dental & Life Insurance
- Generous PTO and Vacation Policy
- Health & Wellness Program
- 401(k) Offering
- Dog-Friendly Office Environment
- Occasional Free Lunch
- Salary: Competitive
INTERESTED? SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION HERE:
To apply for this job please visit www.bluebearcreative.co.